Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Quiet Mind

It is amazing what a quiet mind will come up with. I was sitting in church last night, focusing on my Pastor's message, trying to leave my busy work day in the past, and it came to me - a fantastic new character for my book, that would explain my heroine's "ability" even better, and also flesh out her family even more. Too excited for words. I could not wait to get to my computer and blend it in.

And now it is in there, at least the beginning of fleshing out the character. My mind feels so very open right now. Does that make any sense? My book, right now, is very tightly constructed, and right now I feel like I have options, and can wander and meander through the story. The peace of a quiet mind - I have to get there more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment